Business/Employer Services Resource Center
At Passaic County One Stop Career Center, we know that recruiting and training and retraining valued employees are a company’s most expensive and time consuming functions. Let us help you overcome those hurdles. Our staff is equipped to assist your company in meeting its hiring goals while lowering costs and reducing turnover rates.
Business Resource Center
Our Business Resource Center specializes in helping companies fill their vacant positions by connecting them with the thousands of job seekers who utilize our career centers every year. We combine our knowledge of individual job seekers with Internet resources, newspaper advertisements, radio commercials, local partnerships and hiring events to recruit the perfect employees for companies in the Passaic County and surrounding counties. In addition, we partner with local community organizations to ensure that job seekers respond to the opportunities made available by the companies we serve. Call 973-340-3400 ext. 7212 or ext.7120 for more information.
Find the Workers You Need
The Passaic County Workforce Development Center in Paterson, NJ provides employers access to a wide assortment of resources and information about the labor market, wage rates, job placement, and retraining opportunities. Assistance is available to help identify employment needs. We also have a staff to help coordinate the application process and schedule recruitment interviews.
Your Source For Employer Services
- Knowledgeable, courteous staff to assist you with recruiting and screening qualified workers. Our professional Account Representatives are experienced in providing career development, counseling, and employer services.
- On-the-Job Training programs (OJT) are available. Employers may be reimbursed up to 50% of the wage rates of qualified employees during training at your company.
- Services tailored to meet your needs, including access to resources that provide information about labor market demand occupations, economic development, wage rates, and employment levels.
- Assistance with Federal and State Employment Laws, Tax Credit Programs, and Urban Enterprise Zone Regulations
- Job Fairs
- Labor Market Information
- Recruitment, Testing, Screening and Referrals of Qualified Applicants
- Skills and Aptitude Testing for Current and Potential Employees
- Computer-Based Search for Qualified Applicants
- Self-Service and Staff-Supported Access to Resources
- Referral to Task Analysis and Job Restructuring
- Referral to Education and Training Services for New and Incumbent Workers
- Assistance with Federal and State Employment Laws, Tax Credit Programs and Urban Enterprise Zone Regulations
- No Fees for Services
- Customized training information
Identifying Your Employment Requirements
Do you need assistance in identifying what you seek from your employees? Get assistance at Passaic County Workforce Development Center. We can give you access to labor market information, career demands, and other materials that can help your company. Give us a call to learn more.
Ways to Find the Workers You Need
At the Center
Employers can access a wide assortment of resources and information about the labor market, job placement and retraining opportunities. Assistance is available to help you identify your employment needs. Staff is available to coordinate the application process and schedule recruitment interviews.
On the Internet
The Internet is an excellent resource for connecting employers and job seekers across the country. Easy to follow on-line instructions are available at various websites. A simple phone call, fax or e-mail initiates job postings and a staff-directed database search for applicants who have the skills, training and experience you require.