Comprehensive Employment Assistance
For job seekers in need of employment services, turn to Passaic County Workforce Development Center in Paterson, NJ. We provide comprehensive employment assistance such as career counseling, vocational evaluation, training referrals, and other solutions that can help you find the job that suits you. Our services are tailored to meet the needs of job seekers and help them achieve their career goals.
We offer job seekers the freedom to use the tools at the career center. This allows them to lead their own job searches or leverages the expertise of our staff and programs that are available to assist them with each step of their employment process.
As a Customer of the One-Stop System, You Have the Right to Expect
- Services tailored to meet your job-seeking needs, including access to labor market information, wage levels, and performance data about training providers
- Access to resources that provide information about labor market demand occupations, occupational choices, jobs, and services available in the community
- Knowledgeable, courteous staff to assist you with counseling, assessment, eligibility, and employment resources
- Continuous and centralized case management tailored to your individual needs. Assistance from staff with the combined expertise to deliver all required programs and services
Expect From Our Employment Services
- Access to resources that provide information about labor market demand occupations, occupational choices, jobs, and services available in the community.
- Continuous and centralized case management tailored to your individual needs. Assistance from staff with the combined expertise to deliver all required programs and services.
- Knowledgeable, courteous staff to assist you with counseling, assessment, eligibility, and employment resources.
- Services tailored to meet your job-seeking needs, including access to labor market information, wage levels, and performance data about training providers.
Your Source For Employment Services
- Apprenticeship Training (Construction Industry)
- Career Counseling and Planning
- Computer Training
- Computer-Based Job Search
- Job Search and Placement Services
- Job Training Referrals
- Multi-Lingual Staff Assistance
- Orientation to the One-Stop System
- Pre-Vocational Services
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Self-Service and Staff-Supported Access to Resources
- Services for Special Populations
- Vocational Assessment, Testing, and Evaluation
- Access to computers, copies, fax machines, and telephones
- Mail and electronic resume distribution services
- Resume Development
- Job Leads
- Interview Techniques Workshops
- Professional Workshops
- Career Planning and Job Search Coaching
- Training referrals
- Assistance in identifying marketable skills
- Access to Passaic County Job openings
- 1-on-1 Career Counseling
- Training & Certification programs
- Direct Job Placement Services
- On-Site Employer Recruitments
- Business Industry Employment Services
- Disability Services
- Employer Staffing
- Entrepreneur Services
- On the Job Training OTJ Info Sheet
- Transitional Support Services
- Unemployment Services
- Veteran Services
- Youth Services
Take Advantage of Career and Transition Coaching
Schedule an appointment to meet with a career strategist. You’ll come away from this high energy conversation with specific advice to move your career in the right direction!
- A single point of contact and a full menu of services for job seeker and employer customers
- Provides a forum for partner collaboration and partnerships
- Job seekers receive universal access to comprehensive employment services and tools for job search preparation
- Receive labor market information to make more informed decisions about career choices
- Business service team and job developers work with employers providing resources for recruitment, outplacement, and labor market trends and forecasts, training, and development
Access servicelocator.org website OR call 1-877-US2-JOBS (1-877-872-5627)
- Visit pcwdc.org website
- Select “Services” and access the “10 Steps to Employment”
- Or select http://pcwdc.com/ for websites that will get you started in preparing for your job search including assessment, researching the labor market, career exploration, training opportunities, resume preparation, developing your job search, interview process, negotiating the offer, congratulations you got the job, and career ladder outlook
Through federal and state funding all job seekers needing assistance with preparing for their job search, career counseling, labor market information, identifying job opportunities, or additional training can access One-Stop services at no cost.
Two (2) comprehensive Centers are here to serve you:
- Paterson plus additional satellite location in Wanaque, NJ
- Bring your Right-to-Work documents—usually a valid driver’s license and original social security card
- Plan on approximately 60 minutes to complete the process, including registering on the state job bank, CalJOBS
- Staff will provide a tour and assist you in completing the intake/registration process
- After you’ve completed the intake/registration process, you will be issued a personal membership ID card that will need to be shown each time you visit the Orange County One-Stop Centers
- You will meet with a Services Navigator to receive an orientation regarding the resources and services that can start your job search.